Implementation of the project management toolkit
Project management tool kit
The most critical stage for a project manager is the start up or initiating and planning phases where time is limited and where being equipped at with the right knowledge, skill sets, tools and techniques ensures the project gets off to a best possible start without reinventing the wheel and with minimal process and template adaptation. This course focuses on effective implementation and efficient use of the project management tool kit following the PMI standard and will ensure project teams hit the ground running.
The syllabus for this course covers the full scope of the project initiation, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling and closing and includes the setup and use of all the essential tools, techniques and templates needed to run a project. This will enable you to make a more effective contribution to the delivery of successful IT projects within your organization.
This course is ideal those who have experience in project management, are PMP certified and what to turn theory into practice, and for those who are new to project management and what to understand the value of the toolkit approach.
The course includes:
- Project management processes
- Application of the project management tool kit
- Integration: project charter, project management plan, change management, configuration plan, process improvement, lessons learned
- Scope management: requirements management plan and traceability matrix, WBS and dictionary, scope statement
- Time management: schedule management plan, activity list, milestone list, network diagrams, RBS, project calendars
- Cost management: cost management plan, activity and feasibility cost estimation, cost structure and baseline
- Quality management: quality management plan, process improvement plan, quality tools and checklists
- Human resource management: HR management plan, staff assignments, RACI charts, resource histogram and calendars
- Communications management: communications plan, project communications
- Risk management: risk management plan, risk register, qualitative and quantitative analysis, risk response
- Procurement management: procurement management plan, procurement documents, contract and claims management
- Stakeholder management: stakeholder register, stakeholder management plan, issues log
- 1 hour introduction via webinar (up to 20 people)
- 4 hour crash course via webinar (up to 20 people)
- 1 day course on site (up to 15 people)
- 3 or 5 day course, includes practical training and teamwork on site (up to 15 people)
In addition to the standard course available specific courses can be tailored to meet a specific organizations needs, including contents and duration.
Provided at the webinars:
- Online presentation package
Provided for each delegate during the course:
- Full presentation package
- Project management toolkit download of all templates discussed during the training
- 12 months free access to the online toolkit (PMI standard) including additional tools and updates
Do you want to expand your project management knowledge?
Join my project management blog and gain insight into the latest news and stories.