A project manager's role in the tender process
Successful presales project management
There is rarely a second place in the tender process for IT contracts therefore gaining the winning edge is critical to an organizations success. The project phase is the first and most important element of the contract, and where the customer needs to gain the confidence that a service provider led by a project manager and his project team can meet the objectives. This course focuses on the tender process from a ‘seller’ perspective and addresses the overall requirements in order to deliver winning proposals.
The syllabus for this course covers the essential elements of pre-sales project management and is aligned with PMI standards. It will help you become familiar with the processes, tools and techniques used in the tender process and will enable you to make a more effective contribution to the delivery of successful IT projects within your organization.
This course is ideal those who have experience in the presales or for those who are new to the environment and want to gain an understanding of the approach project managers should take when engaging in a sales project.
The course includes:
- The procurement management process
- The project managers role in the tender process
- RFI, RFQ and RFP planning and preparation
- Understanding customer requirements
- Defining the solution
- Writing the response and preparing costs
- Preparing and presenting the proposal
- Down-selection and BAFO
- Contract negotiation and signing
- 1 hour introduction via webinar (up to 20 people)
- 4 hour crash course via webinar (up to 20 people)
- 1 day course on site (up to 15 people)
- 3 day course, includes practical training and teamwork on site (up to 15 people)
In addition to the standard course available specific courses can be tailored to meet a specific organizations needs, including contents and duration.
Provided at the webinars:
- Online presentation package
Provided for each delegate during the course:
- Full presentation package
- Project management toolkit download of all templates discussed during the training
- 12 months free access to the online toolkit (PMI standard) including additional tools and updates
Do you want to expand your project management knowledge?
Join my project management blog and gain insight into the latest news and stories.